The Association of Quality Education (AQE Ltd) is the company formed to manage and administer the Common Entrance Assessment (CEA) for transfer of pupils from primary to a number of post primary schools.
A guide for parents has been produced to help explain the current transfer process using the CEA.
The list of schools that have joined AQE Ltd for the purposes of selecting pupils transferring from primary school can be found by clicking here.
Important Dates for 2013 Assessments
- Registration opens Monday 13th May 2013
- Registration closes Friday 13th September 2013
- Requests for access arrangements closes Friday 20th September 2013
- Paper One 10am on Saturday 9th November 2013
- Paper Two 10am on Saturday 23rd November 2013
- Paper Three 10am on Saturday 30th November 2013
- Results issued to parents Saturday 1st February 2014
- Last date for remark requests Friday 7th February 2014
- Remark application closed Monday 17th February 2014
An Implementation Timetable has been prepared to give parents, children and primary principals information about the significant dates in the CEA process. Section A is an outline of the preparations and arrangements made by AQE Ltd for the CEA. Section B seeks to help parents by giving an overview of the process of applications to schools for places.