The Association of Quality Education (AQE Ltd) is the company formed to manage and administer the Common Entrance Assessment (CEA) for transfer of pupils from primary to a number of post primary schools.
A Guide For Parents has been produced to help explain the current transfer process using the CEA.
The list of schools that have joined AQE Ltd for the purposes of selecting pupils transferring from primary school can be found by clicking here.
THE AQE OFFICE PHONE LINES WILL BE OPEN FROM 2PM ON SATURDAY 31ST JANUARY FOR EMERGENCIES, E.G. NO RESULT BEING DELIVERED THROUGH THE POST. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE YOUR CHILDS’ DETAILS READY FOR SECURITY QUESTIONS.
PLEASE NOTE, THE AQE OFFICE IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING TOMORROWS OPENING HOURS.
OUR CONTACT NUMBER IS 02890 224002.
Important Dates for 2014 Assessments
- Registration opens Tuesday 6th May 2014
- Registration closes Friday 12th September 2014
- Requests for access arrangements closes Friday 19th September 2014
CLOSURE DETAILS FOR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS : 19th Dec – 5th Jan (inclusive)
- Paper One 10am on Saturday 8th November 2014
- Paper Two 10am on Saturday 22nd November 2014
- Paper Three 10am on Saturday 29th November 2014
PLEASE NOTE : IF YOU HAVE MOVED HOUSE SINCE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE INFORMED US OF THIS MOVE. THE LAST DATE FOR GUARANTEED ADDRESS CHANGES IS
TUESDAY 27th JANUARY 2015.
- Results issued to parents Saturday 31st January 2015
- Remark application closed Friday 13th February 2015
The Implementation Timetable has been prepared to give parents, children and primary principals information about the significant dates in the CEA process. Section A is an outline of the preparations and arrangements made by AQE Ltd for the CEA. Section B seeks to help parents by giving an overview of the process of applications to schools for places.