The Association of Quality Education (AQE Ltd) is the company formed to manage and administer the Common Entrance Assessment (CEA) for transfer of pupils from primary to a number of post primary schools.
A Guide For Parents has been produced to help explain the current transfer process using the CEA.
The list of schools that have joined AQE Ltd for the purposes of selecting pupils transferring from primary school can be found by clicking here.
DATES WILL BE ADDED SOON FOR THE 2015-2016 ASSESSMENTS.
Important Dates for 2014 Assessments
- Registration opens Tuesday 6th May 2014
- Registration closes Friday 12th September 2014
- Requests for access arrangements closes Friday 19th September 2014
CLOSURE DETAILS FOR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS : 19th Dec – 5th Jan (inclusive)
- Paper One 10am on Saturday 8th November 2014
- Paper Two 10am on Saturday 22nd November 2014
- Paper Three 10am on Saturday 29th November 2014
The Implementation Timetable has been prepared to give parents, children and primary principals information about the significant dates in the CEA process. Section A is an outline of the preparations and arrangements made by AQE Ltd for the CEA. Section B seeks to help parents by giving an overview of the process of applications to schools for places.