Does my child have to sit the assessments if they have a Statement of Special Educational Needs?

If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs you should contact your Education Authority to find out if they can be admitted to post-Primary Schools by another route.

Children with a Statement of Special Education Needs can sit the CEA and apply for Access Arrangements but parents should be aware that the Access Committee may not necessarily award as an Access Arrangement all to which the Statemented child is entitled under their statement, because a balance has to be struck between making reasonable adjustments and maintaining fairness and consistency for all candidates.

Bookmark the permalink.