My child has been educated elsewhere in the UK/Ireland but has spent less than three years in Northern Ireland, can we apply for assistance?

Children educated within the UK/Ireland for more than three years before September 2019 do not normally meet the criteria for Access Arrangements, even if their first language is neither English nor Irish. 

If your child is not eligible for assistance through Access Arrangements, it may be possible for parents to ask for special consideration later on in the process.  For more information you should see the section of our website entitled ‘Special Circumstances and Provision’.

Bookmark the permalink.